Heinrich: Partially Painted

Well, I’ve started actually painting the thing. At this point, I’m pretty sure I can have the Heinrich itself done by the deadline. The other guy? Probably not. A display stand? Possibly. Not definitely.
 
Up until Tuesday night, I really had no idea where I was going with the paint scheme. To test out different ideas, I painted them on to a ping pong ball. This let me see what the paint looked like, and what it looked like on a curved surface. It was a huge help in trying to figure things out.

So… I went through several different ideas. Paint the ping pong ball, hate it, strip it with a makeup remover pad soaked in alcohol and try again. Ultimately, I ended up taking a paint scheme right off the Heinrich camo card. I played around with different colors for this scheme but ultimately ended up using Sky Grey, Neutral Grey, and Hull Red. He may or may not get an orange stripe somewhere at some point. We’ll see.

Considering this was all hand-painted, the results are remarkably flat. I just got lucky with the paint-to-thinner mixes, I suppose. At any rate, he is progressing, and I do expect to have him done by October 1.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: