Gustav: Done

It ain’t pretty, but it’s done. I’ve been staring at this thing, puttering around with it for the better part of a month trying to figure out how to make it look "good". I give up. I’m calling it finished so I can salvage my sanity and hopefully move on to something else.
 
It’s not that the kit looks bad. I’d say that–at best–it probably looks average. And that’s not a bad thing. It’s just the first kit following the "Snowball", so I was hoping for better from the paint job. Live and learn.
 
Before writing this off, I did just the tiniest amount of work. First, I brushed some Future Floor Acrylic onto all the window surfaces. This gave them a nice glaze. There was also a bit of paint touch-up here and there. I also used a white pencil to put a couple of "up" arrows and "AUSF/G" on the left knee–the one that I originally botched and then painted a darker color so that it looked like a replacement part. I think I’ve now pulled that look off semi-effectively. Finally, I used some chunky brush cleaner (as I did with the Snowball SG) to weather that left knee cover a bit. And it took a little bit of work, but the results are something I can live with.
 
So now it’s time to move on to greener (grayer?) pastures. I’m not sure what the next project will be, but I think there’s a good chance that it won’t be Ma.K. as I need a break. There’s just not a whole lot of fresh ideas there for me at the moment. I’m sure something will catch my fancy shortly. Till then, at least I can stop messing with this Gustav.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: